Ready to take the plunge and elope in beautiful Ireland?
Discover the cost, what you need and all the tips you need to plan an amazing and affordable elopement in this magical country.
Why elope in Ireland?
I shit you not, eloping in Ireland is like writing your very own frickin' fairytale! It will give you goosebumps, the happy kind.
Let me set the scene, just imagine saying your vows amidst the rolling green hills, surrounded by ancient castles and ruins that have stood the test of time. The wild and windy weather adds a touch of adventure and romance to your elopement story. Imagine exchanging vows with the sound of the ocean crashing behind you on a secluded beach or on top of a mountain with a panoramic view.
The natural beauty of Ireland is like no other, from the Cliffs of Moher that will take your breath away to the Giant's Causeway that will leave you in awe. Not to mention the famous Ring of Kerry, where you can take a scenic drive and be surrounded by the most breathtaking landscapes.
Ireland is not just a place, it's a feeling.
A warm, comforting and electric feeling!
The misty rain and the soft light of a sunset create a romantic and mystical atmosphere that will make your elopement an unforgettable experience. And if you're lucky, you might even catch a rainbow in the sky! The Emerald Isle is full of stories, legends, and myths, and by choosing to elope here, you'll be adding a new chapter to the history of this magical land. From the ancient ruins to the wild landscapes, Ireland is a place where history and nature come together to create a truly unique and romantic.
How much does it cost to elope in Ireland?
So, you and your significant other have decided to take the plunge and elope in the beautiful country of Ireland! But, before you start planning your dream elopement, it's important to know what it will cost you.
First things first, let's talk about the legal side of things. In Ireland, you'll need to give at least three months notice to the Registrar of Civil Marriages before your ceremony. The cost for this is around €200. And if you're planning on having a civil ceremony, you'll need to pay around €200 for the ceremony itself.
Next, let's talk about the location. As you might expect, eloping in Ireland can come with a pretty penny. If you're looking for a venue with a view, you can expect to pay around €1,000-€2,000 for a private estate or castle. However, if you're looking for something a bit more low-key, there are plenty of options that won't break the bank. For example, eloping on a beautiful beach or in a picturesque park will cost much less.
Now, let's talk about the fun stuff - the photography! Capturing the memories of your elopement will be an investment, but it's an investment that will last a lifetime. On average, you can expect to pay around €1,500-€3,000 for a professional photographer aka me.
Finally, let's talk about the little extras that will make your elopement even more special. From flowers to a wedding planner, the cost of these extras will vary depending on your preferences. However, you can expect to pay around €500-€1,000 for these services. I offer a Vendor list to all my bookings, which takes the stress out of locating vendors on your own.
All in all, the cost of eloping in Ireland can vary greatly depending on your preferences and location. However, on average, you can expect to pay around €3,000-€6,000 for a basic elopement package that includes the legal fees, location, photography, and extras.
There's so much to think about right? But fear not, I've got your back,
So, grab your passport and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime! Eloping in Ireland might come with a price tag, but the memories and experiences you'll gain are priceless.
Where are the best places in Cork and Kerry to get eloped?
Cork and Kerry are known for their stunning landscapes and natural beauty, making them popular choices for elopement ceremonies. Some of the best places in Cork and Kerry to elope include:
- Killarney National Park: This beautiful park offers a wide variety of landscapes, from lush greenery to sparkling lakes, making it the perfect location for an elopement ceremony. The park's Muckross House and Gardens are especially popular among couples looking for a picturesque and intimate setting.
- Gougane Barra: This charming village is located in County Cork and is known for its stunning lake and picturesque church. The lake offers a serene and peaceful setting for an elopement ceremony.
- Sheeps Head Way: This scenic walking trail offers a mix of coastal and mountainous landscapes in County Cork. The trail offers a peaceful and secluded setting for an elopement ceremony, with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the surrounding hills.
- Minard Castle: This medieval castle is located in County Kerry and offers a unique and historic setting for an elopement ceremony. The castle's ruins and beautiful gardens make for a romantic and intimate setting.
- Dingle: This charming fishing village is located in County Kerry and is known for its beautiful beaches and rugged coastline. Dingle offers a mix of natural beauty and charming village atmosphere, making it a perfect location for an elopement ceremony.
- Slea Head: This scenic drive is located in County Kerry and offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Blasket Islands, and the surrounding hills. The drive offers a peaceful and secluded setting for an elopement ceremony.
- Kenmare: This charming town is located in County Kerry and offers a mix of natural beauty, historic sites, and charming village atmosphere. Kenmare is a perfect location for an elopement.
- Bantry House: This luxury option, located in County Cork, offers a grand and elegant setting for an elopement ceremony. The 18th-century mansion and its surrounding gardens offer a picturesque setting for a sophisticated and intimate elopement.
It's important to note that elopements require a different type of planning, as well as to check the regulations of the specific location you have in mind, and if it's allowed to have a ceremony in that specific spot.
When is the best time of year to Elope In Ireland?
The best time of year to elope in Ireland depends on your personal preferences and the type of weather you're hoping for. Here are a few things to consider:
- Spring (April - June): This is a great time of year to elope in Ireland if you're looking for milder weather and blooming wildflowers. The days are getting longer and the weather is generally milder and more pleasant.
- Summer (July - September): This is the warmest and driest time of year to elope in Ireland. However, it can also be the busiest and the most crowded, so if you're looking for a more intimate and secluded elopement, this might not be the best option. I adore September evenings and really suggest this as one of my favourite months for elopements.
- Fall (October - November): This is a great time of year to elope in Ireland if you're looking for colorful foliage and milder temperatures. The days are getting shorter, but the weather is still mild and pleasant.
- Winter (December - March): This is not the most popular time of year to elope in Ireland, as the days are shorter and the weather can be cold and wet. However, if you're looking for a unique and intimate elopement, this might be the perfect option for you.
As for the rain, it's always a possibility in Ireland, regardless of the time of year. However, most professional photographers are used to working in different weather conditions and can still capture beautiful and unique images. If it does rain on your elopement day, you can always opt for indoor locations or use umbrellas to add a fun and romantic touch to your photos. Also, if you're planning for an outdoor ceremony, you might want to consider having a backup plan in case of rain.
Ultimately, the best time of year to elope in Ireland will depend on your personal preferences and the type of weather you're hoping for. It's important to be flexible and to be open to embracing the rain.
Why hire an elopement photographer?
Hiring a professional photographer is one of the best ways to guarantee that you’ll have stunning photos that you will treasure forever. When selecting a wedding photographer for your elopement, consider the packages and services they offer and make sure it fits within your budget & someone who you mesh well with as you'll likely be spending quite a lot of time with them at your Irish Elopement.
Hit me up below via the contact form if you think we are a good fit!